Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CyHi Da Prynce Asks God For A Release Date Via 'Text Message'

'I'm speaking my album into existence this year,' MC tells Mixtape Daily of The Hard Way Musical.
By Jayson Rodriguez


CyHi Da Prynce
Photo: MTV News

Don't Sleep: Necessary Notables

Mixtapes: The Allies and Royal Flush 2

Headliner: CyHi Da Prynce

Key cameos: Big Sean, Pusha T, J. Cole, etc.

Essential info: CyHi Da Prynce knows what his next two projects are (a pair of mixtapes), but the Georgia rapper is calling on a higher power when it comes to getting a release date for his debut album. No, he's not calling on mentor Kanye West; rather, the "So Appalled" star is seeking an answer in the biblical sense.

"At the end of April, I want to put out Royal Flush 2 and I wanna release The Allies when school is coming back in," CyHi told Mixtape Daily. "Those two projects, I want them to be my last mixtapes that I put out before my album. I'm speaking my album into existence this year. God says, 'If you ask, you shall receive,' so I'm asking, and hopefully I'll receive it sometime soon. I'm sending a pigeon or something, even a text message."

For his debut, The Hard Way Musical, the G.O.O.D. Music artist is already a few songs in.

"My album is a lot of storytelling. It's heartfelt, but at the same time it's hip-hop to the T," he said of the collection. "Royal Flush is more so the different parts of me, but my album is gonna be more the story of me."

Other Heat This Week

» Kevin Cossom - By Any Means
» Papoose - The Second Coming
» DJ Green Lantern - Master Class
» Dom Kennedy - The Original Dom
» King Mez and Khrysis - The King's Khrysis

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Larissa Meek Laura Harring Laura Prepon Lauren Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment