Monday, December 20, 2010

New Mom Amy Adams: Losing Weight Is Not My Priority

New Mom Amy Adams: Losing Weight Is Not My Priority

Amy Adams may be one of Hollywood's hottest actresses, but the new mom -- who gave birth to her daughter, Aviana, in May -- is not stressing over getting her star body back.

"I've been working out when I can, and I'm trying to eat in a healthful way, but losing weight is not my No. 1 priority," Adams, 36, tells Parade.

The Fighter star says that carrying her daughter helped her see her body in a new light.

"Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body -- meaning that it wasn't put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit," she says. "I was like, 'Look, I can carry a baby! I'm gaining weight right, everything's going well.' And I've had that relationship ever since."

Still, duty calls, and Adams admits that she had to head back to the gym not too long after her daughter (whose dad is Adams' fiance, Darren Le Gallo) was born.

"It's part of my job to return to some semblance of what I was before," she admits. "But I don't feel I've ever made my career on my rocking' bod."

Is it part of an actress' job to lose her baby weight in a hurry? Chime in below!

Emma Heming Emma Stone Emma Watson Emmanuelle Chriqui

No comments:

Post a Comment